Google Sniper

Monday 1 June 2015

Anxiety/Depression/Citalopram- CBT Done - what next ??

OK so ive posted a few times, I suffer with depression and anxiety/ panic attacks , which come out the blue generally but some days i feel like i kinda just know im gonna have one ! as feel edgy all day then bam ! No particular triggers , often if works busy , it happens and yesterday shopping. As for the depression , ive always suffered years ago was on Venlafaxine then came off when ttc. Manged for 9-10 yrs without meds. Before xmas went to gp who originally gave breathing excercises , then went back as no luck and got given Sertraline 50mg. That didnt really work , and lacked sleep so much so they added Mirtazipine but gained alot of weigh in a short space of time , so they then stopped the Mirtazipine and doubled the Sertraline - as you can imagine the side effects i was suffering waqsnt good and got signed off work for 6 weeks , the 100mg of Sertaline still no good so he put me on Venlafaxine , started 75mg then 150 then 225 , 4 weeks into 225mg i started bruising very badly so had to stop them as its int he very rare side effects . So 3 approx weeks ago he put me on 20mgCitalorpram then 40mg 4 days later. which im still on , Im between all this i have had CBT Panic workshop which to be honest hasnt overly helped but then again i was doing it over the period i was changing meds,
I get down at things that have happed in the past , things not even my family know about , domestic violence and being forced to 'do things ' i disdnt want to do with my 1st proper partner ( if u can call hin that ) then my childs dad was also a bit ' handy' which we finally split because of it 8yrs ago - my family only knew about the final time not any of the others he did it , or my partner before . I was then in a happy relationship for 7 yrs and that ended in feb this yr , ive tried to be strong about it but i still cant belive its happened.
Last yr i had an op , which was meant to be day surgery , 3 days in hospital as was more complicated than thought ,  , 4 weeks off work - made myself ill by going bk too soon so had another 3 weeks off ( and the op has not improved anythign )  , i then had to move house whilst poorly and couldnt help much  ( which i love my new pad  just un needed at the time )
On top of all that , my child has behavioral issues and i just feel do drained from life . I work p/t as on my own so cant do much more , work are good as had alot of time off but  i knwo ppl talk about me , i can just imagine it ' oh shes off again ' ;what for now '  ( not many know the real reason )
Just realised im babbling but i have no one to talk to , just wanted to know the next step after cbt - i have a telephone apt with a phyc pratitioner this week just dont knwo what to expect ( and one of my triggers is talking in the phone :? )
Source:  http://patient.info/forums/discuss/anxiety-depression-citalopram-cbt-done-what-next--425564

No comments:

Post a Comment